Meme snagged from Ellome, herp.
1. Your first cosplay
The first costume I wore to a con was Haruko Haruhara from FLCL at Sakura-Con 2006. It was pretty much thrown together from whatever I could gather in the couple weeks before the con, with a Halloween store wig and a dress that my mom made for me. The boots were way too small, but 16-year-old me decided that it was a good idea to spend 15 minutes shoving my feet into them rather than spending more than $5 on a pair that actually fit. By the end of the day, I practically could not walk. (Carrying around a real bass all day was not my best idea ev er either.)
But the first cosplay I actually put a significant amount of work into was Fai D. Flourite from Tsubasa (when I actually started taking cosplay seriously enough to buy a wig online instead of from a Halloween store). I still didn’t know how to use a sewing machine yet, so my mom sewed the shirt for me. The coat was made from a cape that she had already made for me a couple years earlier, which I modified heavily for this. I started working on it right after Sakura-Con ‘07 and kind of worked on and off until finishing it right before Halloween that year. I was pretty excited to be invited to the second Gasukan ever right after that, since previously the only opportunities I had to cosplay were at Sakura-Con and Emerald City Comicon (where I hung out like a loner since I had no friends who cosplayed).
And the first costume that I actually made entirely on my own was Sailor Star Healer which I made a couple months later and wore to Sakura-Con ‘08.
1. Your first cosplay
2. How many costumes have you done?
3. Your most recent cosplay.
4. Your cosplay communities, where do you go to talk about cosplay?
5. Blatant self plug! Link us to your cosplay page, be it dA, ACP, Coscom, whatever!
6. Your favourite cosplay (that you have done)
7. The character you have cosplayed that is most similar to you (if none that you have cosplayed, then one that you will cosplay)
8. Your cosplay plans for the rest of the year (if you have no more for this year, then do next year!)
9. The dream cosplay that might just happen
10. The dream cosplay that will never happen
11. Something cosplay-related that you will never do (eg. crossplay, cosplay from a certain series)
12. Your cosplay idol.
13. Your cosplay specialty (ie. something that seems to apply to a large amount of your cosplays, it could be a specific series, or a common feature in their appearance, such as glasses)
14. Your cosplay-making habits (eg. singing while working on cosplay)
15. Your least favourite thing about cosplay
16. Do you belong to any cosplay groups? If so, what are they?
17. What events have you cosplayed to?
18. What is your best cosplay memory?
19. What is your worst cosplay memory?
20. Have you won any cosplay awards?
21. Show us your best cosplay derp photo!
22. Have you worn cosplay in a regular situation? (eg. at school, to work)
23. Your most expensive cosplay
24. Your most comfortable cosplay and most uncomfortable cosplay
25. The cosplay you put the most effort into
26. Any unfinished costumes? Will you ever finish them?
27. How many wigs do you own? Which is your favourite?
28. Where do you work on your cosplays and where do you store them when they’re done?
29. What is your favourite cosplay item? (eg. a pair of shoes, a wig)
30. Describe cosplay in three words. No more, no less.